Engine idle speed adjustment is related to fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
Eaton Char-lynn Motor : "Adjust the engine idle speed. First adjust the idle speed to the vicinity of the specified speed with the throttle adjustment screw, then adjust to the steady state with the idle adjustment screw, and then adjust the idle speed to the specified speed with the throttle adjustment screw. So repeat 2-3 times, and finally stabilize the rotation speed by 550r/min±50r/min with the throttle adjustment screw."
Pay attention to adjusting the engine idle speed:
(1) The idle adjustment screw should not be tightened too much to avoid damage to the taper and the seat hole.
(2) Adjusting the idle speed should be carried out under hot air conditions (cooling water temperature is between 80 °C and 90 °C).
(3) The adjusted engine should be able to accelerate quickly, the transition is smooth, and the speed can be quickly reduced. The idle speed is stable and does not stall.
(4) If there is obvious shooting phenomenon when the accelerator pedal is rushed, loosen the idle speed adjustment screw by 1/4 turn.
(5) The idle speed adjustment of the engine should be coordinated with the adjustment of the ignition advance angle.
(6) Idle speed adjustment should be combined with the control of exhaust emissions.