It is normal for the car battery to be out of power, but do you know how to properly charge the battery? Today, Lin Sheng and everyone will take a look at the precautions for charging the battery and the correct charging method. The specific gravity of the electrolyte drops below 1.2; in winter, the discharge exceeds 25; in summer, the discharge exceeds 50; the light is dim; when the start is weak, it should be charged. Some car owners believe that fast charging can save time and only takes 3-5 hours. In fact, fast charging only activates the surface of the battery quickly, but in fact the internal battery is not fully charged.
linsheng said: In addition to fast charging, there is also a kind of slow charging, charging time is 10-15 hours, those who are deeply deficient in battery must be slowly charged, otherwise charging time is not enough, the amount of charging is insufficient, it will directly affect the car Driving performance. Although charging is a fairly simple operation, there are some caveats:
1. Wear a protective clothing when charging the lead-acid battery.
2. When charging, there should be no sparks near the battery, and smoking is prohibited.
3. When charging one or more batteries in parallel, the charger voltage should not exceed 16V.
linsheng guides the correct charging method of the battery
There are more and more electric devices in today's cars, and when using these electric devices, the owner should try not to overload the battery. Overloading of the battery will reduce the life of the battery. It is important to have the correct battery charging method.
1. First connect the positive pole of the battery to the positive pole of the power supply, and the negative pole of the battery is connected to the negative pole
2. The initial charging is carried out in two stages: first, the initial charging current is charged to the electrolyte to release bubbles, and the single-cell voltage rises to 2.3~2.4V. Then, the current is reduced to 1/2 initial charging current, and the charging is continued to the electrolyte to release a vigorous bubble, which is stable for 3 consecutive hours. The total charging time is about 45~65h.
3. During the charging process, the temperature of the electrolyte should be measured by halving the current, stopping charging or cooling. The temperature should be controlled at 35~40 °C. When the initial charging is completed, if the specific gravity of the electrolyte is not specified, the applied distilled water or specific gravity is 1.4. The electrolyte is adjusted. After adjustment, recharge for 2 hours until the specific gravity meets the requirements.